Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bribery

We have been using our advisory periods for extra review sessions in preparation for state assessments. I am working with an advanced group. They have had a pretty good attitude overall, but they aren't exactly thrilled about doing an extra 25 minutes of math.

To make matters worse, three of our sessions have conflicted with the student-produced school news broadcast. They love the broadcast, and were not happy about missing it. Someone said "I feel like we're being punished for being good at math."

I can understand them feeling that way. So, I whipped up a batch of these . . .



. . . chocolate chocolate chip cookies with embedded oreo, to help ease the pain.



If only they gobbled up math with the same enthusiasm . . .

3 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing the recipe for said deliciousness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sadly junk food is banned at our school :( Goodbye, cheap candy and sweets :(. No more easy bribing! I also teach Math Strategies (7th and 8th grader) and also 8th grade geometry. It's my very first year teaching.

    ReplyDelete