Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top 10 for 2011

After a year of blogging, I have one regret:  The length of my url. It is embarrassing. Seriously, what was I thinking? I thought it had to match the name of my blog. (I would make that shorter too, if I had a do-over). Oh well . . .


To celebrate the end of a year, I thought I would do a collection of most-read posts from 2011 (And one from 2010):


Scavenger Hunt:  Students partner up and pick a starting point. Then they search for the answer which leads to another problem. Great way to review.

Stations Review and Practice:  Students get a card with a couple of problems to work out. After a set time limit, they pass the card and receive another. New card has solutions to the previous one, and a new set of problems. Repeat. Also a great way to review.

Cake Day in Calculus:  Use cake to practice volumes of rotation.

The Loop for Logs:  A handy trick for switching log form to exponential.

8 weeks, 8 pencils . . . :  The end to your pencil-less, pen-less, and eraser-less student woes.

Crazy for Conic Cards (and a follow-up):  Cindy Johnson's conic cards changed my life. :)

A Fun Way to Start Class:  The truth, I want to do this soooo bad. But I'm not sure I can pull it off.

Logarithm Love:  Oh, if every unit went this well . . .

Color Coding: For Sketching Piecewise:  This trick helped my students sketch piecewise functions with ease. And they get to color.

Super Speedy Quiztastic Fun:  A fun way to practice short mental calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment