Friday, February 5, 2016

A Way to Make Their Day

One of my nephews is in my Algebra 2 class this year. Today is his birthday, and I gave him an assessment. Happy Birthday, Kale.

I wanted to make the day special for him, so I wrote some notes and drew some pictures on the inside of his assessment. Then I did a little magic as I was passing them out to make sure the "special" assessment landed on his desk.


He volunteers as a junior firefighter and carries a pager to alert him when help is needed. He's not supposed to leave school for fires, but oh how he would love to!


Kitty inspired by this post from Jonathan.


17!


I loved the grin on his face as he worked his way through the assessment. That's when I realized that I have lots of other students who celebrate birthdays on assessment day, or who just need a little extra encouragement . . . This is going to have to be my new thing.

3 comments: