Friday, December 10, 2010

Here's my blog . . .

I am a high school math teacher from a rural community in the Midwest.  My school is fairly small, so I am the only teacher of Algebra II, Calculus, and Physics.  Just a few years ago, we started teaching a course called “math strategies”.  It was meant to help our struggling students prepare for state assessments.  I teach one section and a colleague of mine teaches the other.  It was the first time in my ten-year career that I taught the same class as another teacher in my building!  We went right to work collaborating and sharing ideas.  I’d create one activity and she’d create another.  It was a beautiful world of sharing that I hadn’t experienced anywhere else, until recently.

I have discovered the world of blogs written by other math teachers.  I don’t know what took me so long, as I consider myself to be fairly savvy when it comes to technology.  But this new world has been rich with ideas and inspiration!  So I decided to give it a try.  I don’t know how often I will update, or even if I will have anything to share that the blogging world hasn’t heard before.  But I intend to share some lessons that I really like, and maybe some of my struggles and victories along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment