Monday, May 2, 2011

Improvement Overload: I'm There

I've been reading math blogs for about a year now. At first, it was a treasure trove of resources I never knew existed. I loved reading so many new thoughts and ideas. I tried some new things and a bunch of them went really well. It was fun. I wanted more and more!

But recently, my blogospheric bliss has turned into desire-to-improve overload.

I want to improve my this or that, or figure out a better way to do this other thing, and add more of x, and rearrange the order of how I teach such and such, and start getting ready for my state's new test . . .

I made a list, and the list is haunting me. I try to think about something on the list, and I just hit a wall.

Improvement is what we all strive for, right? But right now I am not feeling like I want to improve. Right now, I want to think that what I am already doing is okay the way that it is.

I am sure that I will get out of this funk, and figure out a balance. I will narrow my list to 2 or 3 things, and I will accept the rest 'as is' for now.

In the mean time, I need a break.

And then I need some motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment